The term biotechnology is a very broad term that can be associated with many industries, such as: Industrial Biotechnology, Medical Biotechnology, Marine Biotechnology, Environmental Biotechnology, Law, Ethics, Philosophy, Food Biotechnology, Biological Warfare, Bioinformatics, Desert Biotechnology.
Other topics covered:
- What is Biotechnology?
- What are Biopharmaceuticals?
- What is Bioprocessing?
- Trend: products are becoming more complex
- Manufacturing Processes Overview: Biotech vs Conventional Pharma
- Chemical Synthesis Process Overview
- Process Workflow for Dosage-Form Products
- Bioprocessing Overview
- Differences between Batch, Fed-Batch, Continuous Cultures Upstream Bioprocessing
- Product Recovery Methods – Filtration and Chromatography